3 positions, 2 modes
The shock has 3 positions: open, medium and locked.
There are two ways to use the system: in manual mode the rider chooses the position of the shock using the button on the computer, in auto mode, the computer does everything!
The table below demonstrates how the new e:i Shock Auto functions, as well as the different states of the LED depending on the mode selected and the position of the shock. (see table)
The level of sensitivity needed to change from one position to another (open, medium, locked) is determined by the sensitivity in auto mode. This sensitivity (1 to 3) can be modified by the user and adapted depending on the usage of the bike (cross-country, trail, all-mountain, enduro).
The system is most sensitive at level 1, and the shock will be open most easily (for an enduro usage). At level 3, a greater level of bumpy terrain will be needed to move the shock to open (sensitivity for cross-country).
e:i Shock Auto adapts to your riding and makes your bike perform optimally, whatever your discipline and your riding style!
New e:i Shock Auto: what's changed?
In order to evolve e:i Shock, the Lapierre engineers had two objectives: simplicity and reliability. In order to achieve them, they took into account all the experience acquired with the first version of e:i Shock. This new version takes it down to the essentials in order to simplify the system for the user. The result is a discrete system that blends in with the bike.
- The principal evolutions concern the simplification of the interface. The objective? To pare down the system to the essentials, clean up the cockpit (enable the addition of GPS and other devices) and improve the look.
- Removal of the control screen.
- Removal of the handlebar command.
- Computer on the side of the stem (in line with the silhouette of the bike) with one control button and one LED to indicate mode.
- Removal of the magnet on the front wheel.
- The battery has also been redesigned. It is more compact and enables the usage of a bottle cage.
- Our engineers have also modified the connectors to simplify assembly and maintenance.
The new e:i Shock Auto comes as standard on the Spicy Team and is an optional extra on most Spicy, Zesty AM, Zesty TR and XR models.
The other advantage of e:i Shock Auto: with the shock sag at 30% in open, the e:i Shock Auto puts your shock into 25% sag in medium and 22% in locked. Therefore your bike is more comfortable in descent and ultra-performant in climbing.
With a Lapierre MTB equipped with e:i Shock Auto, your suspension is managed automatically. Your bike will always be in the optimal setting. The benefits of simplicity!